Davis Orthodontics takes your path to a great smile seriously and wants to provide you with the latest in aligner systems. Clear aligners, such as Invisalign or Spark Aligners, are great options for full esthetic treatment. These are clear trays that are worn around 20 hours a day and gradually move the teeth into a beautiful smile. Aligners can be used for about 80% of today’s orthodontic problems and are widely popular among teens and adults.
Common advantages of aligner treatment are there are no food restrictions. There are very few emergencies and cleaning your teeth is a cinch. Dr. Davis usually appoints his aligner patients 8-10 weeks between visits so you are not having to come into the office as often which is a benefit for those with demanding school and work schedules.
The treatment time with either Invisalign or Spark Aligners can vary but generally is about the same time as traditional orthodontics. The team at Davis Orthodontics is excited to bring you the latest technology in treatment backed by scientific and clinical studies.
For milder treatment that may need just a slight adjustment, ask our team about DO Clear Aligners. DO Clear Aligners focus on minor adjustments and generally require a treatment time of only six months at a more affordable price.
Aligners vs. Metal Braces
Many patients choose clear aligners instead of braces for these five reasons:
- Subtle: The difference is clear. Clear aligners made of virtually invisible plastic.
- Effective: When used as prescribed, clear aligners are just as effective as traditional braces. Most patients achieve desired results in 12 to 18 months. If aligners are not worn as prescribed, it may lead to a longer treatment time or undesired effects.
- Removable: Clear aligners are easily detached, giving the wearer more liberty. Trays can be removed to eat and to maintain oral hygiene.
- Food Freedom: Unlike traditional braces, patients can remove their aligner trays during meal times. This means that there are fewer food restrictions during treatment. Pass the popcorn!
- Reasonably Priced: Depending on the treatment, clear aligners can be less expensive than the cost of traditional braces. Treatment price reflects complexity and length. Because treatment plans are formulated before the aligners are created, there should be no hidden fees. Speak to your provider to see if orthodontic treatment is covered under your insurance plan.
How to determine if clear aligners are an appropriate treatment option:
Are you interested in clear aligners but not sure how to start? The most efficient way to know if they are the best option for you is to book an appointment with our experienced and licensed orthodontist.
Clear aligners are suitable for adults and teens as well as elementary-age children.